In the last few years my coding style has transitioned from an object oriented to a more functional style. I see a huge benefit on embracing ideas from the functional paradigm, even when using an object oriented language.
In the following days I am going to write a few blog posts to describe how my style has changed and why I think that’s beneficial.
These are the contents I am planning to through:
- Imperative vs Declarative
- No loops
- Option type - no nulls
- Error handling without exceptions
- Partial application / Currying
- Function composition - OO Design patterns in a functional world.
- Mocking/unit testing and DI.